Friday, August 29, 2008

Quick Update!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and for sharing in our excitement!

Here is a link to the page on Reece's Rainbow where you can see our profile next to Aiden's picture. Just to clear a few things up, they are spelling his name Aidan, but I think I like "Aiden" better, so I'll be blogging it as "Aiden". Also, Elia and Aiden are 1 yr and 6 days apart, not just 6 days apart. I messed up when I read the original post about Aiden and thought he was not quite two. He will however be 3 in March. Sorry for the confusion.

So, here's the bottom line, we need about 22K over the next few months. We immediately need about $2000-$3000 for physicals, fingerprinting, filing for documents, and our home study update. If anyone wants to give to our immediate needs, you can give on our paypal account (in the sidebar) or if you can give through our IHOP account (tax deductible). If you're wanting to give to the larger adoption fund, you can donate (tax deductible) on the Reece's Rainbow site under Aiden's picture.

We thank you for your prayers and support! HE WHO PROMISED IS FAITHFUL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
I am a lurker...have been reading you for over a year. I have a college friend who adopted thru Reece's Rainbow a 4 year old DS child last Feb. She blogs alot, the story of the adoption, blow by blow and then the tremendous progress this child has made. It is an encouraging blog and informative. Um, had me in tears more than once, changed my heart on the subject. You might enjoy reading http://urbansworld.blogspot.com/
I have a almost 30 year old DS brother still living with mom and dad. Blessings in your adoption process. Lisa Adams ladams@juno.com

Tracie said...

Lisa,
Thanks for posting!Thanks for sharing the Urban's blog. I will go their often I'm sure!
I would love to chat via email sometime!

Tracie

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

Wow!!! You are amazing! At this point I cannot even think of adopting again, however I know that we will. You are a testimony to so many and you encourage me so much. Your family is loving, selfless, and really cool. Aiden is going to be so loved and I know that in that kind of a home he is going to flourish and grow more than your minds could conceive. Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

St. Aidan...a pre-schism Orthodox bishop and missionary...mighty man of God!

http://www.comeandseeicons.com/a/inp158.htm

http://www.aidanharticons.com/saints/western_saints_large/St%20Aidan%20of%20Lindisfarne%20(white%20background).jpg

http://staidan.ca/documents/saintaidanarticle.doc