Monday, September 8, 2008

The Faithfulness of God

This past Saturday a check was placed in our hands for $5000 toward Aiden's adoption. I cannot begin to tell you what this had done to our faith and how on a practical level it allows us to plow ahead full speed!

I have never doubted the Lord's ability to provide when it comes to adoption. His heart is so for adoption, after all He adopted each of us and paid the full price for our ransom with the life of His very own Son. It is His heart in us that has caused us to fall in love with a tiny boy we have never met.

We saw the Lord provide over $16,000 for Elia's adoption with miracle after miracle. We had gotten to the point though that without finances we couldn't move forward much more with paperwork. I love that God saw the YES in our hearts and moved on the hearts of some very very dear individuals to play an enormous part in rescuing Aiden and helping us to get him HOME!

Thank you all for your prayers!

Oh, and if you haven't read the 1st comment under my last post I've copied it here for you! This comment MADE MY DAY!

"So excited to see sweet Aiden has a family....now my parents can stop sweating :-) His picture has been over our sink for a few months as he was assigned to us as part of the prayer ministry of Reeces Rainbow. Just waned you to know we have been faithfully praying for him and your family (not knowing who you were) and we will continue to do so!

Many blessings
Joy Portis

8 comments:

orphans4me said...

Wow, I have never met you but read about your family and the other Loux family on Reece's Rainbow. I am so excited for you and for Aiden. We adopted from Eastern Europe earlier this year and are almost (I hope) done with paperwork for another. Looking forward to following your journey and watching God continue to work miracles, Joy Mc

lisaqshay said...

oh guys...that's terrific news. Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.

Heather said...

Wow, what an awesome God thing!! He is amazing. I just stopped by today to read your blog and am excited to see you bring Aidan home!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that God is coming through for you guys! How exciting to be able to plow onward with the process. I can't wait to meet this little guy...

Joy Portis said...

We would LOVE to meet sweet Aiden after he is home as well as your precious family! Maybe I could talk you into coming south for some beach time with us next summer......

still rejoicing and praying for you all, with even greater excitement knowing WHO we are praying for!

Many blessings!

Tracy said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and how promising your story about finding the funds to adopt time and time again. That is something we are really hoping for as well...Aiden (our son's name is Caden) is going to be well taken care of!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!! This is wonderful. As I read your post I was so excited to see how the Lord has (and will) provided for you and Aiden. But the Spirit took over me when I read "Resucing Aiden." I can't explain what how that speaks to my heart. Maybe the time for us (my husband and I) to rescue one of God's children is more near than I anticipated.

Angela B

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!!!